Who am I?
How would you answer that question?
Does a picture suffice?
I could answer that question with a myriad of words. Mom… Wife… Christian… Daughter… Sister… Aunt… Friend… Photographer… Volunteer… Chauffeur… Yard man… Maid… Cook… Artist… DIY fanatic…
Now you know me right?
Hmmm…. I really try to lead a pretty transparent life so here are 10 random things that might help you know more about me.
1. I am not really a dancer, but there are times in the HEB or Home Depot where I am overcome with an urge to sing and dance with the store music. My HEB plays oldies from the 60’s and 70’s that I sometimes realize that I am singing out loud to.
2. My sweet 7 year old is a bit of an emotional roller coaster. I have come to realize that I am too… on the inside. I just do a little better of containing my response.
3. I first had 5 kids when I was 30 year old. We had 3 kids and brought our 2 nieces into our home thinking that we would adopt them in a year. Crazy events… the death of our son, the birth of 3 more kids, the realization that we weren’t the healthiest home for our nieces and at the age of 34 I was again the mother of 5.
4. I met my husband when I was 17. I thought that he was cute, but kinda weird. We started dating 6 months later.
5. In my home, I am completely surrounded by science fiction nerds. Even my 2 teenage daughters would rather watch a science fiction movie with their dad than a romantic comedy with me.
6. In most situations, I feel like the awkward misfit. I am learning to be content with that. Sometimes I do better than others.
7. I am a pretty bad housekeeper. When I ask for everyone to start picking up, their first response is “Who’s coming over?”. It is probably one of my biggest frustrations with myself.
8. My prom date cancelled on me the Monday before prom… by having his friend call me. It worked out okay though, because I took his friend and we had a blast and even dated another couple of weeks, until he left for bootcamp.
9. My favorite thing to read as a 10 year old were the home plan magazines. I got my degree in architecture and at some point in my lifetime I would love to work for a custom home builder.
10. I LOVE taking pictures. I LOVE editing pictures. I LOVE designing things. I am not as crazy about the business side of things.